It’s time to extinguish your thirst and give back to local heroes and charities as Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery announced today the return of its popular Fire Chief Ale. The national casual dining restaurant known for its distinctive selection of craft brewed beers celebrates its 25th anniversary with the brewery’s largest tapping party of the year, beginning Feb. 16 through April 17.
For every pint of Fire Chief Ale sold, Rock Bottom will donate $.25 to local fire departments and other charities in the communities in which its restaurants operate. The company has raised more than $2 million in donations since the program’s inception, giving back to charities such as the Denver Fire Fighters Burn Foundation, Firefighters Survive Alive, 100 Club of Chicago and the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
“We are very excited to bring back our Fire Chief Ale and seasonal menu items to Rock Bottom in celebration of fire fighters across the country. Our brewers and fans alike look forward to this time of year and tapping this very special beer for nearly 20 years,” said Stan Frankenthaler, chief officer of food, beverage and strategic supply for CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc. “This program is near and dear to our hearts and a true testament to the brand’s culture of helping local heroes and charities in the communities we serve.”
As part of the promotion, Rock Bottom’s local brewers will create their own take on this classic Fire Chief Ale recipe, which is a medium-bodied, auburn colored ale that gets its sweet side from the caramel and crystal malts, but also picks up a little toasty character for balance. The hand selected hops from the Pacific Northwest lend a crisp and refreshing finish. Additionally, guests can enjoy a limited-time selection of seasonal menu items that pair well with Fire Chief Ale, including:
- 3 Alarm Chili (cup or bowl) – Housemade chili made with steak, fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans and signature Rock Bottom spices. Simmered to perfection by Rock Bottom chefs, with cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, a dollop of sour cream, diced red onion, fried corn tortilla strips and topped with a fresh jalapeno slice.
- 10 oz. Top Sirloin Steak – Hot off the grill and seasoned with Rock Bottom’s secret spices and served with your choice of two sides.
- Fish ‘N Chips – Our own beer-battered cod served golden brown with french fries, apple coleslaw and housemade Cajun remoulade.
- Jambalaya – Succulent shrimp, Sante Fe spiced chicken and spicy Andouille sausage sautéed and tossed in Rock Bottom’s housemade Jambalaya sauce with rockin’ red rice and a sprinkle of green onions.
- Firecracker Shrimp – Salt and pepper shrimp tossed in our sweet and spicy Thai chili sauce. Served with coleslaw and ginger citrus sauce.
End your meal with a Rock Bottom classic, Carrot Cake, which features two layers of sweet and decadent carrot cake served on caramel sauce with cream cheese and butter frosting surrounded by toasted walnuts. For additional details about Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery, please visit www.rockbottom.com.